Sunday, April 11, 2010

TAYLOR IS A WATER BABY!!!!

Saturday was our first Water Babies class! We had a BLAST! Taylor was the youngest out of 10 babies. This, in part, must have had something to do with her being one of only 3 babies that did not cry in the class. She is too young to be afraid. To Taylor, this was nothing more than a giant bathtub, and we all know how much she loves bath time! We practiced different positions, 'swimming' on our tummies, bouncing on mommy's knee, and the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme helped introduce her to the idea of 'falling' into the water. And, finally, we submerged. I must admit, I was terrified! Dunking my 6 month old baby under water. Bounce 1, bounce 2, bounce 3, blow in her face and into the water Taylor went. At that moment I felt my heart skip a beat, my breath quickened...would she scream and cry?! Nope. For a split second, she looked at me with an expression of shock, 'why would you do this to me' was written across her face. Guilt began creeping over me. I managed to keep a smile and cheer on her achievement and, then, her eyes began to brighten and a smile came across her face! We submerged 2 more times. Ray and I were so proud. What a brave, beautiful little girl we have! We are going back again next Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. you are doing such a great thing for her! we are hoping to really get bennett trained this summer, but the problem is that he IS old enough to be scared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor...a little Guppy.....she will be ready for the pool at Gramma and Big Daddy's this summer. Good job....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! I was always curious as to how you get them to hold their breath!!! Now I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I never thought of it, but blowing in there face makes them take a giant breath. If the baby comes up crying or coughing, you simply need to blow harder next time.

    ReplyDelete