Friday, May 14, 2010

DADDY'S A DENTIST!!!

Strike up the band, light the candles, Ray did it....HE GRADUATED!! Ray is now Dr. Jarvis!!We took one final trip down to New Orleans for his hooding ceremony, a celebratory dinner, and commencement! Typically, I use this page to brag on our beautiful baby girl, but I do believe a little bit of bragging on my husband is in order. At his hooding ceremony on Wednesday, Ray was recognized 3 times. He received an award from the Academy of General Dentistry for being one of the top students (only 3 given), the Dental Implant Student Award from the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and an opportunity to participate in an all-expense paid week of intensive study at the world renowned Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne. Taylor and I were so very proud to see him graduate, but then to see him recognized amongst his peers, so special. Then Thursday morning, he walked across that stage, picked up his diploma and realized...I did it, I finished, I am finally starting the next chapter...

"So Dr. Jarvis, now that you have graduated from dental school, what are you going to do?"

"I'M GOING TO NEW YORK CITY!!"

That's right, we are taking a vaca to the Big Apple! We leave on Sunday and come back next Saturday. We are so very excited! I know what you are thinking, 'taking a 7 month old to NYC?' Nope. Taylor will be spending the week in Houston with Gramma and Big Daddy. When we booked the trip, a week away from Taylor sounded like no big deal; but as the date of departure creeps up, I am getting a bit more anxious about not seeing for 6 days. However, I know she will be in GREAT hands and this trip is definitely deserved. If anyone has suggestions for dining, clubbing, or touring please feel free to post them in the comments. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. This post is so sweet! I love the pic and all the bragging! It is much deserved. My dad told me tonight, he has an appointment with Dr. Jarvis ;) So happy for yall! Have a fabulous time in NY!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete