Monday, June 6, 2011

SNEAKIN' VEGGIES...

This past Easter, I gave Masyn a little Easter basket of goodies. Although she is a few months shy of trying baby food, I gave her a pouch of Ella's Kitchen Baby Food. Being the caring big sis that she is, Braylin helped Masyn dig through her goodies. Upon finding the Carrot, Apples, & Parsnips pouch, Braylin proceeded to unscrew the cap, stick the spout in her mouth and suck down the entire 3.5 ounces of mush. This got me thinking...

Taylor is rarely willing to eat all of her veggies. Sometimes we are lucky to get her to eat 3 green beans a day. We are now giving her V8 Fusion as a supplement for her daily 'juice' allotment in the attempt to keep veggies in her diet. So, if it worked for Braylin, why not Taylor. A yummy 'smoothie.' I bought a few pouches and waited for the right meal to introduce this idea.

The day arrived. I chilled the pouch and hyped up the 'smoothie' all afternoon. Taylor was so excited, almost antsy to taste this yummy treat Mommy had been raving about.
The moment came. She grasped the pouch and took one BIG gulp. I held my breath...
After spitting the chilly purplish-brownish mush down her shirt, Taylor decided the green beans weren't a bad option.
So, maybe I'm not the genius mom I thought I was when this idea came to me. But, then again, Ella's Kitchen has now come out with Fruit Smoothie Pouches for toddlers!!! They stole my idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment