Friday, October 9, 2009

TAYLOR LEE JARVIS

Well, as of Saturday night, Ray and I were still planning on our Baby Taylor to join the family on Monday morning at 8 am, via cesarean. Taylor, apparently, had plans of her own!! I woke up around 4am on Sunday to find that my water had broken! So, Ray and I gathered our bags (thnak goodness we had pre-paked for Monday's appointment!) and headed on up to the Labor & Delivery Unit at Touro in New Orleans. When we arrived, the nurses confirmed that my membrane had ruptured, started filling me with fluids, and monitoring Baby. I was shocked to learn that I was having contractions only a few minutes apart, I could not feel them at all! Around 7:40, they rolled me on back to the OR. Surgery began at 7:49 and Taylor Lee Jarvis was born at 8:03.

Official Stats: Taylor Lee Jarvis, October 4th, 8lbs 5oz, 21"long, dark auburn fuzz

In short...she is perfect!!! Perfectly beautiful!!!

Taylor and I were not discharged until late Wednesday afternoon. Now that we are home, I am busy figuring out how to live with a newborn and perfect my breastfeeding. So, please be patient as I get back into the swing of posting on the blog. But I promise to upload some pictures, as well as provide updates on Taylor's first few days home, her first doctors appointments, and how Ray and I are handling the changes that come with a tiny bundle of joy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear all is well. I was nervous that with the scheduled cesarean you would miss that exciting part of the "movie moment" when your water breaks and you have to rush to the hospital. I am so happy that you were able to experience that! SHE IS PERFECT! So adorable! Please let me know if you need anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete