Saturday, March 6, 2010

Taylor is 5 Months Old!!!!

Oh my goodness, could it be?! Taylor is already 5 months old? Of course it is such a blessing to watch our baby girl grow bigger and bigger. But Taylor is reaching an age where she observes and attempts new things. Just within the past week, she has become marveled by faces. One evening she was sitting in my lap, her big, beautiful eyes staring into mine, and suddenly, with a very gentle nature, she pressed her little starfish hands to my checks. For a moment she did nothing but study my reaction and then she began exploring the nooks and crannies of my face. My heart just melted. Well, until I got a finger up my nose. Since that evening, Taylor wants to grab our noses and pull our lips every chance she gets. And for her 5 month birthday, Taylor performed a few tricks:
-Taylor now places her paci back in her mouth all on her own. Sometimes its backwards and usually upside down, but hey, she's got the idea, right?
-She is attempting to hold her own bottle...this may take a bit more practice. Apparently, there is a very precise angle at which the bottle must be held. Taylor can't quite get that angle, but we're working n it.

-Taylor is scooting backwards! I am thinking that, at this point, it is not intentional. During tummy time, in an attempt to get on her knees, Taylor pushes herself backwards.

-And, Finally, TAYLOR IS A SITTER!!! That's right, our little 5 month old now enjoys sitting and playing with her toys!You may notice some major drool in these photos. EVERYTHING goes straight to Taylor's mouth...Sophie the Giraffe, stuffed animals, fingers, hair, you name. If Taylor is able to wrap her tiny hands around it, you can bet it will get a good coating of slobber. Could we be teething? Daddy the soon-to-be-dentist says its likely. However, just because we are teething doesn't mean we will be cutting teeth next week. I will definitely let you guys know when the first tooth starts to make an appearance!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful mommy moment! written beautifully. Brings back my own mommy memories. But it makes me want to drive over to get a hug from Taylor!! Love, Gramma, aka mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED some Taylor sugar. What a sweetheart!
    I LOVE reading about everything she is doing. I can't believe how fast she is growing and changing. The only thing that she seems to be lacking in is growing hair. I remember her Aunt Sarah had that problem also and I promise she will get some eventually....especially with you and Ray for parents. Give her a big kiss and a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete