Friday, February 5, 2010

THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING...

I know what your thinking...Jennifer is a HORRIBLE blogger. She has let 2 months pass us by without so much as a picture, a video, a single sentence to keep us entertained.

Well, I promise I haven't been slacking. Between holidays, freezes, sicknesses, and, not to mention the general everyday tasks with Taylor, I have been short on time. I know, excuses, excuses. Lets just say I was letting the suspense build!
So, yesterday was Taylor's 4 month birthday!! I know, right...4 months!?!? And in these last 2 months, missed by the blogging train, we have had MANY "firsts"....

-We had a wonderful first Christmas as a family. And with her first Christmas, Taylor had her first visit from Santa! We spent Christmas day in Shreveport with Gammie & PopPop and the rest of Taylor's maternal family. Then we went to Houston to celebrate with her paternal family. We had tons of fun and took tons of pics. Here are a few...

-Back around Thanksgiving, Taylor saw her first snowflake. But more recently, she experienced her first FREEZE!! And let me tell you, she was a trooper. Many of you have been to our house, but surely ALL of you know about most New Orleans houses...off the ground, drafty old windows and very little insulation. Apparently, they were not built for freezing weather. Our house was like a meat locker. So, Taylor and I stayed all bundled up and she never lost her smile. New Orleans managed to thaw out after 3 or 4 days.

-Following the freeze, I caught a terrible cold. And, sure enough, shortly thereafter, Taylor had her first cold. I know we have to see our child get sick eventually, but Taylor's mom was not ready for this milestone. Trust me, no one found it easy to watch a three month old coughing, sneezing, screaming crying, and unable to eat because of congestion. It lasted 2 days. The fever finally broke and she seemed like her old happy self again. The cough is still sticking around, as is the snotty nose...yuck.

-She's done it. Taylor has found her foot. AND, her foot has almost managed to make it to her mouth. She also finally figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy!!

-Last night, on her birthday, Taylor had her first evening with a real babysitter!! Up until now, Ray and I have only gone out when Taylor's grandparents are around to keep her. But last night, Taylor had a fabulous time with Miss Erin. (And Mommy and Daddy had a fabulous time at dinner!)

-Today, was Taylor's 4 month appointment. And while this was not her first time getting shots, this is the first time she will get a 'I-Got-A-Shot-Today-Treat' and this treat will be a BIG first...BABY FOOD!!! That's right, folks, tonight Ray and I will offer our baby girl Gerber, Stage One, yummy-to-my-tummy, pureed green beans. I am not sure if mushed up veggies count as a treat. So, she is also getting a new toy) The results of this experience will get its on post!

Its definitely a something new every day time in our lives. Our little baby (now 25.5" and 14lb, 8 oz) makes a new noise all the time. She loves sitting up, especially in her bumbo chair! She reaches for toys and shakes those that make noise. And, geez, she is fun to dress....and in shoes almost every single day! :) I promise to keep up with the blogging from now on. But here are a few pictures to catch you up on how much she has grown and changed!

3 comments:

  1. Jen,
    SO GLAD you are BACK!!!! I know all of the things she is doing and I have seen her quite frequently...BUT....I LOVE to see the pics and read your words that go along with them.
    We LOVE watching her grow and change through your blog. Please keep it up. Love you three!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add....I saw the video of Taylor getting her first baby food feeding and most defintely that does not count as a "treat" for shots. Yep...to the toy store you must go!!

    ReplyDelete