Thursday, July 30, 2009

30 WEEKS!!!!

Well, we are down to our final 10 weeks! I am now going to the doctor every 2 weeks for check ups. At my last appointment, I drank the super-sweet tang drink and the doc tested my glucose levels. I passed with flying colors! Today, we listened to Taylor's heartbeat and talked about all of the random, piddly discomforts that come in the third trimester. So far, I'm not too uncomfortable. Finally, we talked briefly about Taylor's current position...BREECH! That's right, folks, at 30 weeks, Taylor is still sitting head up in my belly. Of course, there is still time for her to turn, but if Taylor waits too much longer, poor thing is going to get herself stuck in that position. For the past 2 weeks, I have been feeling her attempt to spin around. She makes it halfway, gets stuck, and then wiggles herself back to the same position. She sure is determined, but so far, not successful. For now, we are just saying our prayers that Taylor will figure that spin out. If Baby Taylor is still breech at 34 weeks, the doctor will begin discussing alternate means of delivery with Ray and me...cesarean. But until then, we just have to keep our faith in the idea that God knows what is best for both me and Taylor. We shall see!

Thought I would share a little teaser pic of what Taylor is going to look like...

5 comments:

  1. This is the final stretch! Kick your feet up and enjoy all of the kicks from Taylor. Before you know it she will be here kicking on the outside.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that a Chiropracter can help turn the baby. It might be worth a shot:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a suggestion...but we learned in nursing school that swimming can sometimes help! Melissa really enjoyed it in her last couple of months of pregnancy! I love reading the blog! Hope you're doing well!!
    Love,
    Laura Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT GRAM--Now is G GAugust 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM

    Why should Taylor turn before she HAS to. You know how redheads are, she is too comfortable to change at this time. Love, G G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you finally posted the 3D/4D pic!!! I've been waiting for that one. What a cutie!! Keep on trying the music and flashlight tricks too...if this stubborn red head wants to turn you know she'll find a way!

    ReplyDelete