Wednesday, July 8, 2009

KEEPSAKES...

Ray and I (and Taylor, of course) had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend in Houston with the Jarvis Family! We lounged around the pool and ate plenty of yummy food. We didn't come home empty handed. Ray and I did squeeze in some shopping for our little lady and we brought home a few very special keepsakes. First, we found Ray's teddy bear from his childhood. As soon as we saw it perched up on a shelf, Ray said he wanted Taylor to have it. The adorable teddy has found a new home in Taylor's nursery.Years ago, way before ultrasounds were able to tell us whether we were having a boy or girl, Mary was preparing for her first child. In the weeks before the birth of her first child, she made a blue gingham outfit for a little boy and a blue gingham dress and bonnet for a little girl. Well, as most of you know, Mary and Lamar had a boy...Jeff. She put the dress away and saved it for the next child. Sure enough, God blessed them with another son...Ray. Once again, Mary packed the dress away. And now, with the first girl being born in our Jarvis family, the dress will finally be worn! I'm sure so many of you (KayDees especially) will LOVE it!! The lace trim and pearl buttons... it is adorable! And I just might have to find a tiny pair of red booties to create Taylor's first Halloween costume, Dorothy.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the teddy bear. That is just the cutest thing....and how special that it belonged to Taylor's daddy. I can't believe you have a blue gingham dress for Taylor. Does Mary know just how SPECIAL that is? You go all the way back to kindergarten with "Dorothy". And then to be a Kappa Delta. I wonder if this means Taylor will want to be a KDee also??!! By the way...I have seen baby red glitter shoes...will be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW!!! I can't express my emotions with words. Thank you Jen and Ray for such a sweet update about Ray's bear and the little dress. I wrote about it on my website blog, too! Emily realized after you left sunday that there was a KD connection to Dorothy. HOW special - Definitely a "God Thing" as Kathy Wafer and I used to say. There IS a circle of life! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story (and memory). Oh my gosh I can see Dorothy now. You have a wonderful family. LoveGram

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special that is for Taylor to have from her daddy! That teddy bear is so precious. I think it's so sweet that Mary kept the little dress she had made. The Jarvis family is going to have so much fun having a little girl in the family! A future Kappa Delta, in deed!

    ReplyDelete