Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 WEEKS AND COUNTING...

Counting down, that is. Almost through my first trimester! Just a few more weeks! Ray and I are both looking forward to the day when I wake up and say 'WOW, I feel great!' But, until then, I'll just keep munching on my grapes and goldfish. These are pretty much the only 2 things that I can eat and enjoy.

Ray, as I am sure you all knew he would be, has been amazing. By the time I get home from battling nausea and headaches at work, I'm exhausted! Ray has jumped right in and picked up the slack. He makes dinner and helps with laundry. He gives wonderful back rubs and never makes fun of me for going to bed at 9:30. What a great husband...AND DAD!!!

I was shocked to read that Baby is already kicking! Oh my goodness, I can hardly wait to feel the first flutters!

WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY?
This is the beginning of the fetal period when your baby's organs continue to grow and mature. The majority of his/her vital organs, kidneys, liver, brain, and lungs are functioning, but will continue to mature throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. Your baby's head makes up half the length of the body, and there is a bulge in the forehead allowing for brain development. Fingernails, toenails, and hair will begin to become visible this week. The fingers are no longer webbed. The baby is actively swallowing amniotic fluid and kicking his/her legs. Your baby is a little over 2 inches long, about the size of a lime, and weighs about a quarter of an ounce.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure Daph was asleep before dinner some nights! Glad you are feeling better. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a spoon(or two) of the juice in canned peachs, jello water and popcicles. Of course this is old wives tale, but so what.

    ReplyDelete