Monday, March 23, 2009

'ROUNDING OUT' 11 WEEKS!

That's right, folks, 11 weeks! I was a little shocked this weekend when I tossed on a pair of jeans and found the waist was getting a little tight. I figured I was retaining a little extra fluid, threw a belly band over the snug waistline and headed out to enjoy a beautiful New Orleans spring Saturday. As I walked out, a neighbor of mine said, "Jennifer, it looks like you have a little bump starting!" I freaked out for a second, then ran back inside to inspect the 'bump.' There I stood, in front of my mirror, playing with my shirt, pulling it tight, lifting it to see my belly, billowing the shirt out like a parachute...sure enough. There it was, a bump. I just had to let out a little shriek of excitement. Technically, it really is just a little 'pudge', but isn't it so much more exciting to say that it is a tiny bump? Pictures to come. I promise.

Stay tuned...my 12th week doctors appointment is this Thursday...weighing, measuring, those of you who were recently preggers know the drill! Fun stuff!


WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY?
Your baby’s head accounts for almost half of his/her entire length. Both the fingers and the toes have separated by week 11. The baby’s skin is still very transparent, but his/her bones are beginning to harden. The external genitalia have almost completely formed, and in several weeks you might be able to know if you are having a boy or a girl. Even though you cannot feel your baby moving around, he/she is very active. Your baby is over 2 ½ inches long from crown to rump (CRL) and weighs about half an ounce.

4 comments:

  1. I am anxious for the "pictures to come". I am so excited you have a bump. Sounds to me like we need to have another shopping experience....this time for you. I know you want to make that fashion statement. Thank goodness for belly bands. Glad you are feeling better!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to see the bump!!!! Hang in there girl.. you're doing great and hopefully the sickness party of it will stay far far away from now on! Now that you're showing, I guess I really can say "pat the belly"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better!! You had us worried. Hopefully, you will be feeling better every day. It's a lot of adjustment for your body!! Baby Jarvis is letting you know who's going to be Boss!! Love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want to see pictures also. Glad you are feeling better. Buster looks as tho he understands. Love

    ReplyDelete