Saturday, March 28, 2009

TWELVE WEEKS AND A FABULOUS REPORT

Yesterday, I had another appointment with Dr. Holman. I would say it went simply fabulous!

Weight Gain since Week 5: almost 1/4lb (thanks to morning sickness, not much at all, but the doc is hoping I add a few pounds in the next 4 weeks)
Results from Labwork: Superb

But enough about Mom's stats, lets talk Baby...I was a bit bummed Ray was unable to accompany me to the appointment, especially when Dr. Holman told me we were going to do another ultrasound. Ray would have LOVED it. Baby was FULL of energy, like a Mexican jumping bean. Baby kept putting his/her arm up to its face. Kicks and jumps, squirms, and HICCUPS! That's right, Baby had the hiccups! Amazing! I could even make out the profile of Baby's face...very good looking so far! Baby's heart rate was a strong 166...could this mean we have a girl? We'll just have to wait an see...


WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY?
This week your baby will begin to take on more of a normal appearance as the eyes move closer together and the ears move closer to their final position. The intestines have grown so fast that they actually extend into the umbilical cord, but they will begin to move back into the abdomen. The kidneys can now secrete urine, and the nervous system is continuing to mature. Your baby may have developed more complicated reflexes such as sucking. Your baby is 3.15 inches long and weighs 1 ounce by the end of this week.

4 comments:

  1. Braylin and I think it's a girl... but a 166 is kind of borderline so I'm anxiously waiting for you to find out! Pat the belly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great report..Little girls are sooooo good.Glad you feeling better.Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    I am glad you and baby are well. It would be so cool if you and Ray have a girl. Braylin and her could have tea parties together!!!! However a boy would be nice as well.Take it easy and let Ray take care of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are happy for the great report. Looking forward to your coming home for Easter. Really exciting to have another great grand child whether girl or boy. Love, grandmother, and granddaddy C

    ReplyDelete