Friday, May 15, 2009

ANOTHER WEEK HAS COME AND GONE

My week started with the celebration of my first Mother’s Day. Ray treated me (and baby) to breakfast at The Ruby Slipper and then a day trip to Oak Alley Plantation. I had been once in Middle School, but Ray had never been. It was beautiful day for a stroll between the oak trees. We had lunch, enjoyed beverages on the veranda (Ray enjoyed a classic Mint Julep, while I sipped on Lemonade), took pictures, and had a blast watching all of the children run and play.

I’d also like to thank everyone that sent me Mother’s Day Happies. I received cards, texts, a pajama set for the hospital, and jewelry! I also want to give a special shout out to my Gram, who helped to satisfy my craving for lemon drops…I received a bag of Brach’s Lemon Drops in the mail!! They definitely hit the spot. My personal dentist will be sending her the bill, the bag was gone within 3 days! Thanks for all of your thoughts!

I have finally learned the importance of wearing flats during pregnancy. Of course EVERYONE has tried to reiterate the dangers in wearing heels during pregnancy…bad circulation causing varicose and/or spider veins, an increase in swelling in the ankles and feet, the added work to your body. But it took a pair of 3” wedges, a dress, a chair, and my clumsiness to really drive the point home. As many of you know, I have trouble sitting with both feet on the ground. I almost always have them crossed, propped or wrapped up under me (which is a habit in itself that needs breaking). Well, on Wednesday, as I attempted to unwind myself from a seated position in a chair, my wedge become wrapped and stuck in my dress. In my attempt to untangle, I threw myself onto the ground. Luckily, I did not land on my growing bump, I caught myself on my hands and one hip. I felt confident, especially after getting the opinion of the entire Labor & Delivery Unit @ WK Pierremont, that baby was safely protected in its amniotic fluid cushion. But after I started cramping a bit in one side, my doc and I decided it might be best to check everything out, just in case. She was concerned that I may have caused a small tear in the placenta. So, to the hospital I would go. After a couple of hours, it was determined that everything was fine. No bleeding, no apparent tears, a moving baby (with the legs crossed so I couldn’t even sneak a peek), and a strong heart rate of 153! I went straight home and retired my heels (except for special occasions). Besides, flats are totally in right now!

I guess all of the drama on Wednesday woke Baby up. I could feel movement all day on Thursday!! I can hardly wait for Baby to be strong enough to kick where Ray can feel it!!! Guess what guys, keep your fingers crossed…next Thursday just might be the day that Baby will be deemed a He or She!!!


On a side note....Happy Birthday Aunt Sarah!

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all is going well. I'm glad you are okay. I am so happy you have this blog!!! I love yall! And can't wait to find out if this is a boy or girl. Although, I think its a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jen and Ray!!
    How exciting another little girl to love!!!
    I can't wait to watch Baby Jarvis and Braylin together.
    Baby Jarvis will have to call me Poppi too!

    ReplyDelete