Thursday, May 21, 2009

I’m sure some of you, ok many of you, would characterize me as a tad bit impatient. I’ve been DYING to know the gender of our little baby from the moment we laid eyes on the developing yolk sac.

I’ve been quite proud of myself…I have not even attempted any of the ‘old wives methods’ of gender determination. Although difficult, I have refrained from looking at the Chinese Calendar (although I have heard its prediction from friends/family). I haven’t dangled a pin or my wedding banding by a thread over my fore-arm. And I haven’t examined the veins in my eyeballs (I don’t think I actually understand this one anyway). When people have asked what I want to have, I babble a bit about how I would love to have either, as long as its healthy…we are shooting for 10 fingers and 10 toes.

Our friends and family have definitely made their suggestions as to what it is. We have even had a stranger give his prediction. While at Oak Alley on Mother’s Day, a gentleman felt the need to inform me that I was having a boy, I would carry full term, and we better get to work on Boy names since we don’t have any…it was a little creepy. Was he ‘psychic’? Did he have a 6th sense? That isn’t necessarily a comment you make to a total stranger. Could he be right…?!?!?

Ray and I have been fortunate enough to have numerous ultrasounds. We started attempting to take a peek at the gender back at 14 weeks. Below is an outline of our attempts:

14 WEEKS: Baby had ‘parts’ but not to the point that could be differentiated.

17.5 WEEKS: Baby behaved exactly how you would expect a redhead to behave…STUBBORN! Crossing legs and, then, twisting and flipping everytime we came close to seeing anything.

19 WEEKS: A trip to the ER for a minor fall got me an extra Ultrasound. Unfortunately, when admitted through the ER, the Ultrasound Tech is not allowed to show you the screen or tell you the gender. But…it was mentioned that she took a peek between the legs, and, although crossed, she did not see a penis….could this mean girl!??!

TODAY, 20 WEEKS: Well, according to today’s ultrasound, everything looks great and right on track. Doc took some measurements of the head, abdominal cavity, and bones, and we are still holding a delivery date of October 11. And let it be known….

WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! She will be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braylin is so very excited that it's a girl!!! And Aunt Sarah has gone wild buying pink things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet your beautiful red headed baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!! I know you must be thrilled. Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so shocked with excitement when Ray gave me the news yesterday!!!!!!! Goose bumps, tears.... A GIRL!!! This is so exciting - What a new thing for me to say.... It's a girl. I can see the adorable red curls already. Congratulations! You both will be excellent parents. Love, Gramma Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandmother and GranddaddyMay 22, 2009 at 9:06 AM

    So happy to hear the good news. Braylin will have a little playmate and we all will have another sdorable little girl. Congratulations and we are anxious to know what her name will be. It is such a blessing and we love you all.
    Love, Grandmother and Granddaddy C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again! And THINK PINK! I'm so excited. She will be an angel just like her mother. I love you, Jen!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! We are so excited for you all three! She will be beautiful and so loved! Can't wait to hear the name you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jen and Ray!!!
    Another little girl to love!!!
    I can't wait to see Baby Jarvis and Braylin playing together.
    Baby Jarvis will have to call me Poppi too.
    I love her already!!

    ReplyDelete